Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Circle Pattern of a Part with extruded items not possible

soeren_bergmannsoeren_bergmann Member Posts: 1
edited June 2018 in Community Support
Hi there, 
I am trying to solve this issue now for a while and I don't get it to work: I created a cylinder and on the surface of the cylinder I scetched four circles and a point. From the circles I made an removing Extrusion which goes through the cylinder and the part (the brown plate) underneath it. With the point I mode a hole, also through both parts. In the picture I hope it gets clearer.
When I now make a pattern from the cylinder, the holes in the cylinder are part of the pattern, but not anymore the holes through the back plate underneath it. I want to achive that when I move the cylinder along the plate the holes through the plate also generate.
Does anybody have an idea why this happens and how I can achieve what I want to get?

Answers