Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

OMG !!! Look what happened

paul_bartlettpaul_bartlett Member Posts: 91 ✭✭
I created this assembly with all the colors the way I wanted them, then did a "Create Parts Studio in context" so I could Cut my outside profile to finish it. All my color assignments changed. Anyone have a solution to this or a workaround. I feel like my last few days work have ben for nothing at this point. I might add that it brought OnShape to its knees when I did this,but it did do it.
This is the parts studio after the in context process was done
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/47f8ecb372dd67b4c4fb5112/w/ba34d8bff1f38e186692569e/e/bb40b8d403f52a9e9c3059c3

Answers

• Options
    konstantin_shiriazdanovkonstantin_shiriazdanov Member Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    since you created all the rings in different part studios you now can try to insert a sketch for prodile cut in assembly and edit each ring in context of it part studio using that sketch. it would allow to keep part appearence because you will edit part itself. with you approach to copy bodeis in place it doesn't keeps appearence because new body is created
  • Options
    paul_bartlettpaul_bartlett Member Posts: 91 ✭✭
    It has taken an hour or so but I have been changing the appearance of the parts selecting many at one time. Goes faster than I thought it would. Faster I suspect than in context each ring etc.