Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How do I mate these two parts in assembly? Fasten mate gives me an error.

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/3be80eaa05daeea3ce9b4849/w/09bb0e71944871e573bca61c/e/d81f478a20885ffdeb87701f
I am trying to mate these two parts. However, fasten mate gives me an error saying "Mate is between fixed instances" What does that mean? Thank you.

Best Answer

• Options
    joshua_javier537joshua_javier537 Member Posts: 4
    Answer ✓
    Sorry for the dumb question. Turns out both of my parts were fixed hence, assembly couldn't move them. Fixed it by unfixing on part.

Answers

• Options
    joshua_javier537joshua_javier537 Member Posts: 4
    Answer ✓
    Sorry for the dumb question. Turns out both of my parts were fixed hence, assembly couldn't move them. Fixed it by unfixing on part.
  • Options
    Horacio_ZamarripaHoracio_Zamarripa Member Posts: 2
    Well your dumb question solved my dumb question too, I was having the same issue  :#