Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

import solidworks files on onshape

nerozneroz Member Posts: 2
Hi!

I try to put my solidworks files on onshape, but I have the error "translation failed"

With solidworks (2013 and 2015) I created the zip files with the function pack and go. I follow this video but it does work with me.
Do you have some solution?

Best, 
Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    nerozneroz Member Posts: 2
    oh thank you, the name is not the same. It's working now
  • Options
    andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maciej_2 said:
    Related question: how can I import a Solidworks assembly when I don't have Solidworks (I can't create a pack and go folder)?
    Note to users: this question has been asked and is being answered on a new thread; to avoid fragmentation, please disregard it here.
  • Options
    lucas_joneslucas_jones Member Posts: 2
    I am having the same problem. I checked that my top level assy has the exact name as my zip file. But still no luck with the translation. Please help! I need more ideas on what I'm doing wrong.

Any idea how to fix this? What am I doing srong?
  • Options
    andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @lucas_jones
    The quickest way to resolve this would be to share your document with Onshape support and submit a Feedback ticket (under the "Help" menu within the CAD document)