Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Aerofoil - offset failed - red error

tonvistonvis Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
Please can someone explain why my ofset curve does not work. I don't know what my mistake is.
The aerofoil is actually inserted from a *.dxf file

Answers

• Options
    owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Hi, I see 34 features but none of them are red, where should I be looking?

Cheers,

Owen S.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • Options
    Hi Owen,

The offset-distance will not be accepted by Onshape,  the screen copy will explain.
    Hopefully you can find an answer. I am stuck with further operations.

Best Regards
    tonvis

• Options
    owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Hi, not sure if I'm reading your design intent correctly, but I was able to use a move face feature directly on the solid..

like so:-

I had previously gone into edit appearance on the part and set the tessellation to very fine. No effect on the actual geometry but makes it easie rto see on the screen.

Owen S.

Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • Options
    Hi Owen,
    Thanks for your help.
    You are right, moving face does work, but I am in editing -mode rib2 and have to use offset the profile creating help ines, if I offset to outside this will work.
    If I offset to inside  I get failure message "Offset failed. One spline generated multiple offset curves." and the result is a red line without accurate distance. If I split the spline in parts , it will react the same.
    Its looking finding a bug.