Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

lofting help

don_howedon_howe Member Posts: 115 ✭✭✭
I'm having trouble getting OS to recognize the middle profile of my loft and it doesn't like guide curves. The two end profiles are splines and the middle profile consist of two curves tangent to each other. Any help appreciated.

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/c1588d22f61042528f34b0d7/w/0f0040e8aaa64f828f328c98/e/d7a7a741c7e5427185535807

Best Answer

Answers

• gonzalo_chomongonzalo_chomon OS Professional Posts: 52 ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Cant help much, as I have not used that tool enogh to understand it completely.
    But I see something strange Sketch 9 and Sketch 1 are the same, why dont you use only one?

Any way, I made a couple of hulls that may help you. I changed one of the Sketches that was circles for a spline line.
    Here:
    https://cad.onshape.com/documents/4063e8b89cd143289305e07a/w/0eb7fb89c24040c99c84115a
    edited September 2015
    I see what was the problem, You need to pierce the points of the profile withe the guide lines. If you do not do that it does not work...

Any way in order to work well there is too manny Sketches try to reduce it to a vertical one, an horizontal and the ribs, you should not need more, and will be easyer to work.
  • don_howedon_howe Member Posts: 115 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Thanks shanshan, I must have thought OS automatically snap to that point. I will have to watch this in the future. I was able to make the intersection this morning and it works great now.

gonzola_chomon, I got rid of the extra sketches. Thanks for pointing that out to me.

How do you make those videos @shanshan ?
  • shanshanshanshan Member Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
    gonzalo_chomon,I am using a vedio-maker software called "licecap",the format of the video which it records is GIF,so it can be upload here, you can download it from internet,and have a try!