Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Recommended browser

nick_poolenick_poole Member Posts: 1
Which browsers are recommended?

I've only tried Firefox on Windows so far, but found it can be a bit glitchy: it took 3 attempts (page refreshes) before I could draw a rectangle on a surface.

Is everyone using/testing with Chrome, or should I find a WebKit backed browser?
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    matthew_menardmatthew_menard Member Posts: 96 ✭✭✭
    I've had no problems with Firefox.  Do you have any add-ins installed?
  • Options
    billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    I use 64-bit chrome and think it's the most progressive browser out there.

I've tried edge but it's not native on my computer so probably won't use it. 
  • Options
    abefeldmanabefeldman Member Posts: 166 ✭✭✭
    @nick_poole - what version of Firefox and Windows are you using, and what's the make and model of your graphics card?

Onshape runs best on either Chrome or Firefox, depending on your system specs.  Safari on Mac is also pretty good, as is Opera.  We highly recommend users avoid Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge because they don't fully support WebGL and a number of other libraries that are critical for Onshape.

Abe Feldman
    UX/PD/Community Support
  • Options
    viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    @nick_poole ,Onshape currently not support I.E browser. it only supports these below tested and approved browsers:
    • Safari (Mac OS only)
    • Mozilla Firefox
    • Google Chrome
    • Opera
    Refer below thread for achieving maximum performance.
    https://cad.onshape.com/help/index.htm#webgl.htm?Highlight=browser