Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

spliting multiple parts

don_howedon_howe Member Posts: 115 ✭✭✭
edited October 2015 in Using Onshape
In lue of trimming with a surface, I created a surface loft and used split part to effectively trim and remove what I would like to do with the surface. My question is, when I delete the unwanted part Onshape creates a Delete Part in the feature tree. Is that how split part is supposed to work?

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/81c818868c0146398dda98f6/w/51a1113c653340f8a689391c/e/c110b9b032a844af921d4608

Comments

• shanshanshanshan Member Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
    don_howe ,I could not understand  your question well  about "Is that how split part is supposed to work",whichever part we delete, there will be a "delete part" in feature tree, but it does not affect any next steps.you also can delete these unwanted parts together,then only one "delete part" appears in the feature tree ,and it can simplify feature list !
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    edited October 2015
    @don_howe Yes that is how it should work, when you scroll back feature list you will see what steps has created the model and you can go back / modify any state.
    //rami
  • andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like an elephant in your fridge, a parametric modeller always leaves footprints in the butter.