Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Why can't I select the transform tool?

I just want to rotate my solid along an axis, but I can't select the transform tool with or without the part, extrude, sketch etc. selected.

Best Answers

• shashank_aaryashashank_aarya Member Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    See the below screen image

• andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    A couple of things to check (some of these may not prevent the Transform command from starting, but it's hard from your description to work out just what's going wrong, and these guidelines may help in more general situations):

1) Do you have only one thing selected?
    (Because of cumulative selection, you may not realise you already had another item selected.
    Check that the numeral beside the cursor is 1)
    To cancel prior selections, press the Space Bar

2) Planes can sometimes get in the way of selection. Hit the "P" key to hide all planes

3) Make sure you are not editing a sketch at the time.

Answers

• shashank_aaryashashank_aarya Member Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    See the below screen image

• andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    A couple of things to check (some of these may not prevent the Transform command from starting, but it's hard from your description to work out just what's going wrong, and these guidelines may help in more general situations):

1) Do you have only one thing selected?
    (Because of cumulative selection, you may not realise you already had another item selected.
    Check that the numeral beside the cursor is 1)
    To cancel prior selections, press the Space Bar

2) Planes can sometimes get in the way of selection. Hit the "P" key to hide all planes

3) Make sure you are not editing a sketch at the time.
  • philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    Do you have write access to the document?
    Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • brandon_daufeltbrandon_daufelt Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the answers and support.