Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Section View command missing?

David_151David_151 Member Posts: 4
I've tried multiple browsers on multiple computers with multiple drawings.  I've watched the tutorial, I've searched, I've read... I give up.  I'm asking.

Why do I not see the Section View command when right-clicking the little cube?

It's just not there, ever.  In parts view, I select a plane... right-click the little cube... no section view.  In Assembly view, not there, not with something selected, not without anything selected.  Firefox, Chrome, under Linux, Win7, Win10, even tried Edge under Win10.  No section tool (yeah, I'm a tech... lots of computers).  I tried my little drawing with 2 parts and one mate.  No section tool.  I tried the arbor press tutorial drawing, no section tool.

What am I missing (besides the section view tool)?

David...

Best Answer

Answers

• David_151David_151 Member Posts: 4
    Yes.  To be honest, I actually found that out, by mistake, a few seconds before I got the email notification... Yes, I feel like an idiot.  You have no idea how long I've been trying to get this working.  Sigh...  Been one of those days.

On the bright side, I can now see when my designs interfere.  The section view does, as noted in another forum comment, highlight overlapping parts in red.  That's where this all started... about noon.

Thank you for your quick response,

David...

• _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    @David_151  I find that the same cube is difficult to find at times also. Maybe if it was two tone like the large cube it would be more contrasting.