Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Rotate Parts in a Linear Pattern

ryan_thiessenryan_thiessen Member Posts: 7
edited March 2016 in Community Support
I have the following document that I am working on:

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/18bdd1442a2e9d7f2168aa40/w/0d839adda791d448ab1900b2/e/9651040dcdd84b4474fe93ab

I need to be able to rotate the parts I have created along the helix as I pattern them (or after the fact).  Is there a way to do this?

I know a crude way to do it would be to sweep my initial sketch along the helix and then cut out the sections inbetween, but there must be a better way.  Although it really wouldn't matter, in this example when looking at a single part on the flat the front and back face would have a slight skew to them.

Also, I need to be able to do it in the parts studio as I still need to punch a square hole down the middle of all of them so that it remains straight as the outside follows the helix.

Best Answer

Answers