Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Chrome is no longer supporting Vista.

So I've been getting a message from Chrome that they have stopped supporting the Vista Platform.
I had to install Chrome in order to use Onshape.  Firefox and Onshape had a WebGL problem on my Vista machine.
Is there an alternative Browser I might try?
A windows 8 or above system is if no use to me because it won't run most of my current software.  
Tom M.

Answers

• shashank_aaryashashank_aarya Member Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
    There is one more browser known as safari. Here is the link you can refer for more information
    https://cad.onshape.com/help/#webgl.htm?TocPath=Welcome%20to%20Onshape%20Help|_____2
  • lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @thomas_mayfield The issue is going to be running a non-supported operating system.  WebGL was in it's infancy during the life of Vista and after Microsoft drops support so will many other vendors. Firefox will probably be your best bet and Opera is a variant of Chrome which we do support.  I am not sure if Opera will stop supporting it too.  It is only a matter of time before they all stop supporting it.  Let us know if any of those work.  If not, send us in a ticket and I will do what I can.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.