Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Im having trouble understanding how sketch features read data...

darren_13darren_13 Member, Developers Posts: 118 ✭✭
So I thought I had overcome the learning curve but appears not:

Basically i want to draw a line from point A to point B (seems simple but its part of a more complex program) using defined points from the user.

annotation { "Name" : "Select Leading Edge", "Filter" : EntityType.VERTEX && SketchObject.YES, "MaxNumberOfPicks" : 1 }
        definition.leadingEdge is Query;

annotation { "Name" : "Select Trailing Edge", "Filter" : EntityType.VERTEX && SketchObject.YES, "MaxNumberOfPicks" : 1 }
        definition.trailingEdge is Query;

skLineSegment(sketch, "cord", {
            "start" : evVertexPoint(context, {
                    "vertex": definition.leadingEdge}),
            "end" : evVertexPoint(context, {
                    "vertex" : definition.trailingEdge})
            });

returns error:
Precondition (value.start is undefined || is2dPoint(value.start)) of skLineSegment failed

Previously got this working by drawing an arbitrary line and coinciding them to the said points which worked using qUnion as the external second coincidence however it felt like I was bypassing my misunderstanding instead of tackling it.

A little help would be much appreciated :)

Sorry for the basic Question but I need to start somewhere!
Many Thanks
Darren Lynch
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    darren_13darren_13 Member, Developers Posts: 118 ✭✭
    Thanks Kevin, That makes sense ok ill try that my program after was going to run on a complicated set of vector algebra but making the sketch axis from point one through 2 eliminates the complexities! thank you! Darren Lynch