Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Onshape is not connected. Your document is saved

eefje_van_hoofeefje_van_hoof Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
I am a new to the onshape program. I did log into my account successfully but when I attempted to crate my first design , by pressing the blue button "Create" , a screen appears (see attached file) with a message: "Onshape is not connected. Your document is saved. You can refresh the browser to continue working on this document or return to the Documents page."  Mac OS Version 10.6.8, Safari Version 5.1.10. WebGL enabled. FYI I have tried to open it on a macbook pro and it runs perfectly.

Answers

• john_rousseaujohn_rousseau Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 353
    This is usually due to the fact that your browser can't make a "web sockets" connection to our servers. Can you go to the https://cad.onshape.com/check page and see if it identifies any problems?

Are you running behind a restrictive firewall? Some companies and schools block certain outbound connections.
    John Rousseau / VP, Technical Operations / Onshape Inc.
  • raj_Onshaperaj_Onshape Onshape Employees Posts: 106
    Also 10.6 is snow leopard which didn't quite have good webgl support either