Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

We need your drawing templates for testing

jon_mcintyrejon_mcintyre Onshape Employees Posts: 56
I'm looking to get examples from all of you of drawing templates (.dwt files) made outside Onshape. 

The reason is that in trying to make a drawing from a template, we make assumptions which are true for our own templates, but may not be true in templates imported from other systems, which can lead to drawing creation bugs.  We want to identify and fix such issues ASAP. 

If you have .dwt's made outside Onshape which you can share with us for testing, please send me a message through the forum.

Comments

• _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    Drawing Template I edited from Onshape using Draftsight works fine,
    I have Solidworks templates in which I don't know how to convert?
  • pete_lozano007pete_lozano007 Member Posts: 2
    Jon are you still needing templates for testing.  If so I use Auto CAD.  My second question is the templates you are seeking? When I start out a new dwg. I have my line weights, line types pre-set along with color etc.  View Ports  depending on what type of object being drawn.  If this is what you seek I can send you some. Pete 
  • david_gregorydavid_gregory Member Posts: 14 PRO
    Any plans for ASME Y14 drawing templates?
  • petr_svobodapetr_svoboda OS Professional Posts: 8 PRO
    I want to combine ANSI dimensionig style (horizonat text-dimension) to ISO drawing size. How to do that?
    Is it possible to change drawing size when small drawing is done?
  • traveler_hauptmantraveler_hauptman Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers Posts: 419 PRO
    +1 @petr_svoboda I do both these things as well. "I'm sure this will fit in A4... Nope!"
  • jon_mcintyrejon_mcintyre Onshape Employees Posts: 56
    Hello everyone.  Sorry for my delay in responding.  There seems to be a problem with my email notifications.  

@pete_lozano007  Yes, I can still benefit from seeing sample templates, especially if they don't look exactly right upon import to Onshape.
    @petr_svobodaand @traveler_hauptman, we're working on improving customizability of templates and drawings to give you all that you mentioned.  Seeing your comments will help us to prioritize.

@david_gregory
    could you be more specific?   ASME Y14 is a huge family of standards.  We're aware, for example, that some of the default template settings don't match up perfectly with ASME Y14.5, and we want to improve that, but that's just one small corner of the Y14 family.  Which parts of it are of highest priority for you? 
  • florianflorian Member, OS Professional Posts: 110 ✭✭✭
    I just posted an issue, that slightly modified Onshape original templates don't work a t all.
  • francois_bouletfrancois_boulet Member Posts: 65 EDU
    Hi !
    is it too late to send you a template that we were using with Solid Edge ?
    We just switch for OnShape and I would like it if I could use our Templates.

I do not see how I can send you the Solid Edge document.
    The "Attache file" button do not work
    La simplicité est la sophistication suprême.
    Léonard de Vinci
  • john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    edited October 2018
    You can find how to import your Solid Edge template here:
    https://cad.onshape.com/help/Content/templates-custom.htm

Edit: I just realized that question was a year old... wonder why it was "blue" on the front page of the forum.. hmmm