Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Deduce a existant diameter or project a face

clément_schreiberclément_schreiber Member Posts: 2
edited May 2016 in FeatureScript
Hello,
I would like to make a new Feature with FeatureScript. I would like to automatize the creation of screw thread. To do this I need to create a sketch on a surface. On this sketch I have to project the circle, or at least know the diameter of the screw. 
For the moment, I could create a sketch plane with a circle but I could not deduce the diameter of the screw.
I absolutely need this function. If there is an other existent Feature to automatize the creation of a screw thread or a cosmetic screw thread it will be excellent.
I hope I was clear in the description of my problem. :wink:

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    afbenevidesafbenevides Member Posts: 4 EDU
    Hi,

The info you need is in this thread https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/comment/4867/#Comment_4867 (comments from @Coleman and @LouGallo )

Just need to automate these steps with the feature script code.

Hope it is usefull

• Options
    clément_schreiberclément_schreiber Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2016
    @afbenevides: Thank you for your answer, but I know how to do it graphically, but I am to lazy to do it each time I need it. It's why I would code a function with features
    @kevin_o_toole_1: That is great! Thank you very much. :tongue: