Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to incline a plane for eg a roof

baumarbaumar OS Professional Posts: 76 PRO
Hi, 

I'm trying to incline a plane for a roof. I tried to use draft, but it didn't work. I think I saw this in a video in one of the many steps, but I can't find it again.

For ease of description I created a small example under https://cad.onshape.com/documents/ebb05669046446eea2043a7b/w/6db80791788eda8622f33b5f/e/555ad30ddb93176925c61dd9
There is a pound in the middle (for demo purpose it is solid) and I would like to incline the plate to the right and the left so they would lay on the pound. 

Thanks for help

Markus

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    Sketch a your side profile on the front face and extrude with parts in position.

You can also use the transform rotate the part.

Hope that helps. 
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977