Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

What does blue extruded geometry mean?

bryan_stamandbryan_stamand Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited June 2016 in Community Support
I assume it means something isn't constrained. I am having an issue lofting between 2 sketches and a solid face. I did both sides exactly the same. One side is showing normal geometry and the other side is showing blue geometry. Everything looks constrained in the sketches. I wish I could share the link but I made it private by default.

**edit** I figured out how to make it public. I also realized it made it a new separate part (down right.) Its now part 2????

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/29b9f200c219f2a2d4de477d/w/9a60cc44382a406f22cd9c6d/e/53c0116c96ccaa7fd71bc341

Answers

• Options
    andy_morrisandy_morris Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 87
    edited June 2016
    Hi Bryan,

The loft command enables you to create new parts or add/remove from existing parts. In your case the "blue" geometry is a second part.

Andy
    Andy Morris / Head of Product Design / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    Narayan_KNarayan_K Member Posts: 379 ✭✭✭
    @ bryan_stamand, are you talking about "Loft1" in your feature tree?
    If so then Please find the below difference,

1.PNG 41.9K
    2.PNG 40.4K
    3.PNG 44.5K