Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Default FeatureScript version for new Feature Studios in old documents

jacob_kingeryjacob_kingery Member Posts: 39 EDU
I have a document that was created when the FeatureScript version was 275.  Since then, version 293 came out and my Part Studios automatically updated to 293, so I also changed my Feature Studio to version 293.  However, if I create a new Feature Studio now, it automatically puts 275 as the version.  Since everything else in the document is version 293, shouldn't that be the default version when I make a new Feature Studio?

Comments

• Options
    ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,175
    This is a bug that we fixed -- the fix should be in the next time we deploy.
    Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc
  • Options
    jacob_kingeryjacob_kingery Member Posts: 39 EDU
    Awesome, great to hear!
  • Options
    phil_gauthierphil_gauthier Member Posts: 2
    I have a similar situation. I recently branched a part that has an old version inside my part studio. When I go to update a derived part I receive the following error.

I also have lost the updated functionality of "up to vertex" for extrudes within that branch only. I assume the issue is some where along the lines that the new branch is missing the latest update because it was created from a version that did not have the update in it. I am curious if I can force a featurescript update on the branch/entire document.

• Options
    ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,175
    @phil_gauthier
    Please share the document with support -- we can upgrade it.  We're working on ways to give you more control in the workflow.
    Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc
  • Options
    phil_gauthierphil_gauthier Member Posts: 2
    Thank you @ilya_baran. Just shared with support.