Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How do I make a line connecting two different sketches?

stephen_fisherstephen_fisher Member Posts: 1
I made a drawing that has 12 sketches and i want to make a line connecting the vertices of two different sketches. If someone could answer quickly it would be much appreciated.

Best Answer

Answers

• Narayan_KNarayan_K Member Posts: 379 ✭✭✭
    @ stephen_fisher, You can create a plane using the two sketches so that plane should passes through both sketch and you can create line on that plane.
    Please refer below video,

• owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Very nice explanation stephen_fisher. :)

Another option would be the featurescript 3D spline tool. (Thanks Illya.) Less clicks and no plane to make, which may be good of bad depending on whether you'd want it later.

Cheers, Owen S.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • otaolafrotaolafr Member Posts: 113 EDU
    Very nice explanation stephen_fisher. :)

Another option would be the featurescript 3D spline tool. (Thanks Illya.) Less clicks and no plane to make, which may be good of bad depending on whether you'd want it later.

Cheers, Owen S.
    Hey owen,
    i couldnt find the featurescript you are talking about, could you please post the link? thanks