Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

large cursor offset

frank_meyer410frank_meyer410 Member Posts: 1
Hello,
maybe there is a stupid mistake I make, but I have a large horizontal offset of my cursor.
This means, if I want to select a point, I need to place my cursor a few centimeters left to the point I want to select...
Do someone know this problem and a solution?
best, Frank

(I'm using an 5K iMac)

Answers

• Options
    daniel_splawskidaniel_splawski Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    I had this issue once and it was related to a chrome extension called Zoomy.  I installed it once to make things a bit easier to read on my home theater pc.  
  • Options
    henry_feldmanhenry_feldman Member Posts: 126 EDU
    Hello,
    maybe there is a stupid mistake I make, but I have a large horizontal offset of my cursor.
    This means, if I want to select a point, I need to place my cursor a few centimeters left to the point I want to select...
    Do someone know this problem and a solution?
    best, Frank

(I'm using an 5K iMac)
    I have noticed this since the latest Safari update a few days ago on my 5K iMac. Very annoying. Along with the bug (which I have hopefully gotten fixed via support) that if you download multiple parts as STL with the separate items they come down as partName.zip.stl (due to a weird behavior of mime types in safari)
  • Options
    DodaschDodasch Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    i got the same problem on my 5k iMac :( with firefox it works, but the performance is not that good. 
  • Options
    eric_enloweric_enlow Member Posts: 1
    I had the this issue using Chrome on a mac.  I switched my scaled resolution for my display and things are working better.  
  • Options
    david_petrillodavid_petrillo Member Posts: 5 EDU
    I have this same issue in 2022. I am using firefox. There is a large cursor offset in my model, if I refresh the page, it goes away for a while, then comes back. As the model has become larger and larger, it happens more quickly. Now I can only work for a few moments before the cursor offsets itself and a refresh only fixes it for a little bit.
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,367
    Very strange - we have no control over the cursor so maybe it is something to do with display scale?

Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    In 20 years of using internet browsers, I have never had a my cursor click in the wrong spot just exactly a little to the left, and yet on this form there are half a dozen of us experiencing this with onshape. But yeah, you are right, it's probably our fault let me just go troubleshoot this on my own some more. Thanks for the help!
  • Options
    I have a medium size assembly in a document with 14 part studios and this issue now appears immediately when I open that assembly. The issues does not appear at all in the same browser, in the same session if I open a smaller/simpler document.
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,367
    Hi @david_petrillo - please feel free to "report a bug" under then help menu inside Onshape, however I cannot guarantee that we can fix the issue. We test browsers, not operating systems. Does your school have a policy of running Linux?
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI