Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How can I use profiles that are not user defined in the loft feature?

darren_13darren_13 Member, Developers Posts: 118 ✭✭
I created two profiles in my feature script and now I want these to be used in the loft feature, is there a way of using them? like profile is from sketch 1 at point (x,y)? or maybe someone could just direct me to a script that demos this if its easier?

Kind regards,
Darren Lynch

Best Answer

Answers

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,307
    edited September 2016
    Create a separate sketch for each profile, making sure you solve each sketch first, then add them to an array and pass them to opLoft. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • darren_13darren_13 Member, Developers Posts: 118 ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Excellent, would it be possible to exclude a profile from the loft? one profile loft and extrude another on the same set of sketches or is it better doing two separate sketches?
  • darren_13darren_13 Member, Developers Posts: 118 ✭✭
    var SketchStore=[sketch1,sketch2];

opLoft(context, id + "loft1", {
                    "profileSubqueries" : SketchStore
            });

I get, expect map found sketch? I have solved sketches 1 and 2 am I inputting the array correctly or does it need to be in a certain format?

Cheers, Darren
  • zak_nienstedtzak_nienstedt Member Posts: 1
    NeilCooke said:
    The input needs to be a query so use qCreatedBy(id + "sketch1") and sketch2 in your array
    Old thread but since I was just working on something similar I thought I'd leave a comment...

At least in my implementation, the above approach didn't quite work.  I needed to add an entity type:

var SketchStore = [qCreatedBy(id + "sketch1", EntityType.FACE), qCreatedBy(id + "sketch2", EntityType.FACE)];