Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

UI FEATURE

papawopapawo Member, Developers Posts: 206 PRO
is there a way to put a string in UI and not be a parameter?
Im thinking of something like instruction to the user that I can include in UI.

Best Answers

Answers

• florianflorian Member, OS Professional Posts: 110 ✭✭✭
    How about using comments? They can be attached to features, sketches, etc. quite handy. You would just have to make sure your users find them. They only show, when you open the notification/comment box.
  • papawopapawo Member, Developers Posts: 206 PRO
    ok....how about multiple line in the annotation, is it doable?
  • korikori Onshape Employees Posts: 25
    In cases where the content for a message bubble or the name of a feature parameter is long, the string should wrap appropriately (or be truncated and have a tooltip containing the full wrapped text).  Do you have a different use case where you need multiple lines?  I'm also not quite sure what you mean by "in the annotation" - are you thinking of a specific field in the annotation?
    ui.png 11.2K
    Ok I will look forward to that. 
    thanks!