Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

What can I do to shorten the time after selecting parts, especially supplier cad-models

I need a lot of supplier parts, so I import the cad-models of the suppliers.
For transforming for exampel a motor it lasts to long until the slection of the motor has ended, may be 40 seconds and more. This is not good for professional use.
How can I shorten this selection time. It is not practical to select a group of motors with a lot of other supplier parts. I can not look for minutes onto the rotary circle!

Answers

• TimRiceTimRice Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 315
    If you could please raise a support ticket we could take a look at the document directly.
    Tim Rice | User Experience | Support 
    Onshape, Inc.
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    @christoph_hessler
    Are you box selecting parts in part studio ?
    If yes, then it's slow because it selects parts, faces, edges, etc.. it is a lot faster to box select in assembly because it only searches for parts. Workaround in part studio is selecting from part list rather than modeling area.
    //rami