Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Learn FeatureScript Webinar

NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
Thanks everyone for attending my webinar yesterday (great turnout!). I have made the Document I created public here: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/982dc8ca10c63267e02d11eb/w/58b8f82846c65f37d843d262/e/8f6ac20d517323f6c881960b

I have commented every line of code so you get a better idea of what I was trying to achieve, but please bear in mind this was only an example of what is possible and has not been thoroughly tested (I did in fact try it on a different model and it didn't work as expected - a reminder that if you intend to share your features you should try it out on a few different part types).

For anybody that missed it, here is the video of the webinar: 

https://onshape.wistia.com/medias/133oo2hekc# 

This webinar was intended to give everyone a taster of what is possible on a more complex example, but there is a lot more to FeatureScript than what was shown - also please don't make fun of me struggling to create the simple example  :'( !
Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI

Comments

• owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Hi @NeilCooke thanks fella, appreciate your time.

I really liked the "Masterering queries = Mastering FS" comment.

BTW I Hadn't realised you were a "marketing type", might not have talked to you had I known ;)

Owen S.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd