Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

opExtrude with UP_TO_NEXT

emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 858 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2017 in FeatureScript
Hi
I am trying to simplify a FeatureScript using the UP_TO_NEXT option in opExtrude instead of BLIND, but it doesn't seem to work.

This is the part of code:

// Extruye el panel hasta la cara opuesta
            opExtrude(context, id + "extrude1", {
                    "entities" : frameRegionToExtrude,
                    "direction" : framezDirection,
                    "endBound" : BoundingType.UP_TO_NEXT,
            });

And this is the FeatureScript notices:

@opExtrude: EXTRUDE_UPTO_NEXT_NO_DIVISION

166:12   
onshape/std/geomOperations.fs (opExtrude)

567:13   
AluminiumProfile (const AluminiumProfile)

52:17   
onshape/std/feature.fs (defineFeature)

605:21   
Estructura (const buildPrivate)

608:13   
Estructura (const buildPrivate)

27:17   
onshape/std/partStudio.fs (definePartStudio)

17:12   
Estructura (build)

7:12   
Estructura (main)

I am missing a parameter or anything else?
Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                     Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común

Comments

• ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,173
    The error suggests that the code is fine, but the extrusion is failing in the part studio because the "next" body doesn't completely bound the extrusion (its projection doesn't cover the profile).  I think for anything more specific as to why it's failing, we'd need to see the part studio and the code.  Hope this helps.
    Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc
  • emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok, thanks
    It doesn't "completely" bound the extrusion
    Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común