Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How to mirror a part using a plane?

Lee_HeskethLee_Hesketh Member, Developers Posts: 148 ✭✭
I tried calling mirror, but there was no option to select entities or a mirror plane. Which function do I have to call to do this?
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who know binary, those who don't and those who didn't expect base 3!

Best Answers

Answers

• Lee_HeskethLee_Hesketh Member, Developers Posts: 148 ✭✭
    Thanks! When I typed in mirror, all that came up was mirror(context,id,definition). That was why i said there was no entity or plane selection.
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who know binary, those who don't and those who didn't expect base 3!
  • Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    No problem Lee! Most of our built in functions and features follow the (context, id, definition) pattern, where definition is just a parameter map defined by either a precondition or documentation.
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • Lee_HeskethLee_Hesketh Member, Developers Posts: 148 ✭✭
    One quick question though, how could I use a plane made using plane() as the mirror plane? When I try, an error says definition.mirrorPlane is Query. What query would I use?