Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

hide sketches created by FS

pierre_gillespierre_gilles Member, Developers Posts: 7 ✭✭
Hi everyone,

So I am new at Featurescript and I am designing a featureScript to generate screw and nut quickly. I am expecting to use this featurel to generate Standard part library quickly.

To generate the 3D geometry of the screw and nut I have to generate sketch through featureScript. And I was wondering if there was an option or something to hide the sketches generetaed by the feature?

The feature is here :
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/6b39b9ae253c916b8d16eee4/w/3e8761870ba827eda059d776/e/9f927c7230b9ca06f43382b6

regards,
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,175
    Just call at the end:
    opDeleteBodies(context, id + "deleteSketches", { "entities" : qCreatedBy(id + "YourSketchId") });
    Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc
  • Options
    leon_pootleon_poot Member, Developers Posts: 87 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hiding the Feature would hide the sketches in it, but if you never wish to see them again: use opDeleteBodies on the sketch created in your FS.

Edit: never mind, didn't see Ilya's comment there.
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
  • Options
    pierre_gillespierre_gilles Member, Developers Posts: 7 ✭✭
    Great, Thank You very much