Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Importing issues and issues with imported parts

ihor_gernagaihor_gernaga Member Posts: 24 PRO
edited July 2017 in Community Support
I've been unable to successfully import iges and step files. After importing I have no preview in part studio and no parts tree. Am I missing a setting or is it the file? Solidworks and Parasolid have imported.

My next question is, is there a way to add filets and chamfers to imported parts?

Answers

• Options
    andy_morrisandy_morris Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 87
    Please could you open a support ticket with an example file that is not working?

Once you have imported geometry you can additional features including fillets and chamfers.
    Andy Morris / Head of Product Design / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    ihor_gernagaihor_gernaga Member Posts: 24 PRO
    Unfortunately, the part I am working on is proprietary and currently in development. I cannot share it at this point.
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,379
    STEP should be fine but please do not use IGES under any circumstances. It used to called I-GUESS for a reason!

Can you not use SolidWorks or Parasolid?

Please be aware that if you are using the free Public plan you should not be uploading proprietary data. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI