Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Too Many Steps : Possible Infinite Loop

luis_truebaluis_trueba Member, Developers Posts: 9
Hey everyone,

I'm currently trying to run a FeatureScript on a part studio with a large number of parts. Part of its process is generating a tesselation of every part's largest face, but when I try to run it, the part studio fails to regenerate, throwing the "too many steps" exception. This exact feature has been known to work with smaller part studios, but I can't figure out if there's a way to get Onshape to run it on larger studios without breaking. Does anyone know how this can be done?

Comments

• Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    Hi @luis_trueba ,

Could you post a link to your document here? It will be easier to figure out what's going on.
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • lanalana Onshape Employees Posts: 689
    @luis_trueba
    Could you modify your feature to accept selected parts instead of processing all parts in the part studio? See, if you'd be able to process the parts in smaller increments. If there is an infinite loop in the code, this way you can bisect the parts and identify the culprit, if there is not, you might have to split the part studio for processing.