Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Designating a hole location

Newbie here.  I have done the tutorials and videos.  Having a little challenge when I try to put a hole in a simple flat surface.  
I sketch a rectangle in the top plane, select it, and then click the Hole icon.
In the Hole dialog, I select <simple>, <0.5cm> and <through>.
My problem is the next step, where the dialog box says <sketch points to place holes>.
I can't seem to get a hole location to "stick".  I am using a trackpad on a chromebook.
It doesn't do anything with a single click, and "hold with one finger, slide with other finger" just draws a box that disappears.  The only thing that seems to come close to drawing a hole marker is when I click with 2 fingers and hold.  A circle with an X inside it appears.  But it disappears as soon as I release.
I must be doing something wrong, and I think it might relate to proper trackpad action.  Any advice much appreciated!
John
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• john_tippettjohn_tippett Member Posts: 2
    Thank You! Your answer really helped and got me on the road to productivity.  John
  • Fox66Fox66 Member Posts: 4
    Considering that at least one point is required to use the Hole "wizard", would it make sense to add the button to create a Hole feature while editing a sketch?

• brian_bradybrian_brady Member, Developers Posts: 505 EDU
    I really like this idea. Another would be to have a sketch button in the hole tool panel. 
  • Henk_de_VlaamHenk_de_Vlaam Member, Developers Posts: 237 ✭✭✭
  • brian_bradybrian_brady Member, Developers Posts: 505 EDU
    I voted back in December. Still waiting