Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Sweep/Loft in 3-D issue..

Hey all, I am trying to create an "s" curved flat surface (model racetrack)  I have a 3-D curve, I have profiles where I need them but I cant seem to get it to behave how I want.

I can create the loft ne side of the curve will "bank" downward/inward in the correct way, but the other always wants to bank in the upward/outward direction which will not work for a racetrack. 

If anyone would like to take a whack at this, "EssCurveTrial" is the file, it is public.  I'd love to hear a way to make this work.

thanks a lot!

~Steve
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    steve_maiettasteve_maietta Member Posts: 54 PRO
    I got it to work by making two additional profiles and and creating 5 separate lofts..  I was hoping fora single sweep or loft along a single curve, but this way gives me more control..

still if anyone wants to give it a try, be my guest and let me know how it works for you!

~Steve