Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Unable to flip sheet metal drawing?

robert_bowmakerrobert_bowmaker Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
Hi,

Please see my sheet for context: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/5272feeb94dacaa6ca1d8aa8/w/2aa41936c229f0f5fb704f5c/e/ae1225eb521923c3a805b802

I have a sheet metal design and for whatever reason the default view of the sheet metal part, as rendered in drawings, is inverted/backwards w.r.t. how I want in to be displayed. In other words, OnShape is rendering the side of the metal that would end up inside the part and UP bends; but I want the opposite (rendering the presentation side/outside of the sheet metal along with DOWN bends.) The reason is that the steel I'm using has one nicely brushed "presentation" side, and my laser cutting service always the presentation side as the top side. So as it stands right now, the beautiful brushed metal ends up pointlessly on the inside of my part.

How can I instruct OnShape to invert the orientation? Using a projected view (of a projected view) gets the orientation I want, but without the bend notes.

Any advice would be most greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Robert

Best Answers

• Options
    lanalana Onshape Employees Posts: 698
    Answer ✓
    Onshape does not have this capability yet. It has ben requested, please vote for this improvement to be notified when it becomes available.
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    I've created a feature request for this: Option to flip/invert sheet metal drawings. Please vote there if you'd also like to see this feature implemented.

Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Onshape does not have this capability yet. It has ben requested, please vote for this improvement to be notified when it becomes available.
  • Options
    bryan_lagrangebryan_lagrange Member, User Group Leader Posts: 800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @robert_bowmaker I am looking for the same functionality along with having the functionality, to possibly set in global settings, the callout of the angle. Currently it calls the outside angle and I would need the inside angle for the press brake we use. 
    Bryan Lagrange
    Twitter: @BryanLAGdesign

• Options
    lana said:
    Where? Can you please provide a link?
  • Options
    I could not find it either - looks like it has not been filed through this forum yet - please write it up.
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    I've created a feature request for this: Option to flip/invert sheet metal drawings. Please vote there if you'd also like to see this feature implemented.