Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to find Tutorial video for using dxf or pictures to create new geometry?

bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 842 PRO
I remember an excellent video showing how to position, scale, and then use dxf for new geometry creation.  I think the part was something like a shiv and was presented by an Onshape staff member like Phillip or Neil..   I have done searches through on-line videos and the forum.  Hope someone can help.
www.accuratepattern.com

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    noanoa Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 141
    Noa Flaherty / Customer Success / Onshape Inc.
  • Options
    No.  That gives a start date to look though.  The video goes in depth on positioning dxf views on different planes.  It runs maybe 10 minutes and was not by Cody.
    www.accuratepattern.com
  • Options
    @noa or others -  Does this show every video that is available or is there another way to see more?  

https://www.onshape.com/videos/all 
    www.accuratepattern.com
  • Options
    @bruce_williams that link does show all videos that we have across our website. There are others that are part of our learning center, but I don't think the video you are referring to is there.

• Options
    @noa - Do you think a video like that would have been temporary or deleted?
    www.accuratepattern.com
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    Sorry Bruce, I've asked around here a bit too and we're not sure what video you're referencing. If we posted it previously, we likely would not have taken it down.
  • Options
    Accepted.  I appreciate your effort looking.
    www.accuratepattern.com
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,367
    Answer ✓
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    @NeilCooke -  Exactly!  Thank you kindly!   That is a really slick way to manage the conversion.   I was beginning to think I dreamed it. 

@noa -  I have to remember to check out Blog since those videos are not included in the Website videos correct?  The Blogs are challenging to find something; I count ~280 and only can search on the titles.
    www.accuratepattern.com