Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Rotating the view with right mouse button always triggers a popup in chrome

This is a very strange thing - however I try just to rotate in the view using the right mouse button (just rmb or alt+rmb) a popup appears - which is rather annoying ;( Does someone know  what's the problem might be and how to solve it? I'm using Windows 10 and the chrome browser.

Answers

• Options
    Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    Hi @adrian_maleska ,

Is this a new issue? Have you changed browsers or computers recently?  Just to be sure, you have to hold down the RMB while you are trying to rotate.
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • Options
    brian_jordanbrian_jordan Member, Developers Posts: 139 ✭✭✭
    This is a very strange thing - however I try just to rotate in the view using the right mouse button (just rmb or alt+rmb) a popup appears - which is rather annoying ;( Does someone know  what's the problem might be and how to solve it? I'm using Windows 10 and the chrome browser.

[Image snipped]

I am using Chrome on Windows 10 and am not seeing the problem you describe. There are two actions which seem to be confused on your machine although I can't work out whether this is a glich or operator error. Here a RMB click pops up the menu whereas clicking and holding the RMB facilitates rotation without the menu popping up. Sticky mouse button contact maybe?
  • Options
    adrian_maleskaadrian_maleska Member Posts: 6
    Thank you guys very much for your suggestions. Meanwhile I also tried out Onshape in Firefox ans Chrome in privacy mode ( just to exclude potential problems with installed extensions) but the result stays the same. My mouse buttons aren't sticky or I would see problems with all apps which isn't the case. It seems that when im rotating the view I release the button very late - the mouse isn't moving at this point - so it might trigger the context menu. Usually I expect that the current action (rmb down + movement) would end when "rmb button up" is detected. But it doesn't behave this way. It's somehow like a combo. Really strange. I don't have such problems in Modo or Cinema 4d where I also use my right button a lot. In modo there's also Alt+RMB used for rotating the view...  
  • Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,902 PRO
    Honestly i find RMB obit to be a rather odd design choice.

From day 1 have changed it to be MMB as it is what I'm used to in other places.

You can change that in your account settings

• Options
    adrian_maleskaadrian_maleska Member Posts: 6
    Thank you John! This might be a solution for some users happend to have the same problem but in my case I would be totally lost with different navigation.

UPDATE
    Fortunately my navigation problems seemed have vanished somehow. I'm not sure if the Onshape team made an fix or something else solved this bug. But I'm happy that I can work now properly without annoying popups. 
  • Options
    angel_urenaangel_urena Member Posts: 2 PRO
    I'm having the same problem.  Same config, Chrome latest version windows 10.  The rotate function seems to work when it feels like it, very buggy.  I doubt it's my mouse as I use the same system for intense RTS gaming.