Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Custom Beam Profile

TarabichTarabich Member Posts: 29
edited November 2017 in Community Support
Hi, I'm trying to make a custom beam profile, just  1in x 0.095in (25.4mm x 2.413mm) circular tube. Everything seems to work fine, but I'm pretty sure I'm getting the wrong points from the Beam Profile Generator. It gives me [ 0, 0, 25.4, 0, 0, 22.987 ] which doesn't really make sense since 26.9mm x 2.6mm (a greater OD and thicker wall) tube has points at [ 0, 0, 13.45, 0, 0, 10.85 ]

My profile shouldn't have such larger point values, any help finding the true points?

I made sure the profile was sketched on top plane, a "CC" sequence, a OD of 25.4mm, and thickness of 2.413.

Best Answer

Answers

• owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Have you got a radius measurement instead of a diameter somewhere, you seen to be out by a factor of 2?

OwS
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • TarabichTarabich Member Posts: 29
    I'm an idiot.
  • TarabichTarabich Member Posts: 29
    thx