Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Splicing sketches and extrusions into 3D objects

tj_thornileytj_thorniley Member Posts: 65
As a learning exercise, I'm recreating this object.

As you can see, I omitted a few ridges, threads, etc. from the left-hand side. Can I get in there and splice a few sketches and extrudes between existing features? Or do I have to start again? Thanks.

Answers

• bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 842 PRO
    Yes!  Use the Rollback bar at bottom of feature list.  Use right mouse button 'Roll to here' or slide Rollback bar up to where you want to insert features and then RMB 'Roll to end' after inserting new features.
    btw nice job on model!
    www.accuratepattern.com
  • tj_thornileytj_thorniley Member Posts: 65
    edited November 2017
    @bruce_williams Do you think so? Thanks. I wasn't sure. It's my first time using 3D CAD software. I chose this because I thought it would be quick and simple to do, using a vernier caliper to measure it. It's more difficult than I thought. I feel like I'm fighting with the software. But I'm making progress.

Thanks for rollback tip. I thought rolling back was like reverting to a previous state. Like an undo button. I'll give it a shot and post my results.