Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Tangent edges of FeatureScript Beam can't be hidden on drawing.

BramBram Member Posts: 2
Hi, 

I got square beam sections with rounded edges in my model. It seems as if the tangent edges of the beams don't respond to "hide tangent edges" as other direct modeled parts.

Gaby Rochino from support told me to tag @NeilCooke may be he can look into it?

This is the model i'm working on

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/5312821137b69db09c2e912b/w/bff976d1d778d55b2e4bcbe4/e/f404384693047f7b6b05014c

Comments

• PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 516
    I took a look at the drawing from @Bram .  Here is what I see.  No issues from my end.  

Further more, when tangent edges are shown - the drawing view is consistent with the model view.  Am I missing anything @Bram ?

• PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 516
    @Bram Ah... Are you referring to this edge here?  

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,307
    @Bram - the edges that hide belong to an extrude from a sketch - the sketch uses a sketch fillet which is naturally tangent. Your beam features are using your own custom profiles (using the standard profiles works with hidden tangent lines in drawings). My guess is that there is a rounding error in your profiles. Having taken a quick look, your millimeter profile is set to 4 decimal places, not 3 which is the correct DP for mm profiles. See if you can change your profile definition.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • BramBram Member Posts: 2
    Thanks @NeilCooke  I'll take a look!

I haven't made any special changes to the decimal places? Any idea how this got altered? I'll let you know the outcome.