Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Balloons linked to openBom

I am unable make the link between openBom balloon nos and OS balloon nos. 
How do you do?

Best Answers

• claus_jeppesen817claus_jeppesen817 Member Posts: 39 PRO
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for answering
    But this is a mandatory feature! What is the deadline for the introduction of this function?
    I know I can autonumber in open Bom

Answers

• michael_mcclainmichael_mcclain Member Posts: 198 PRO
    This isn't an available function right now, but I bet there's an improvement request to be voted up. I would love to see this connection be made. For now, you can auto number the BOM Inside OpenBOM, but you have to manually add the proper balloon number in Onshape to match the BOM
  • claus_jeppesen817claus_jeppesen817 Member Posts: 39 PRO
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for answering
    But this is a mandatory feature! What is the deadline for the introduction of this function?
    I know I can autonumber in open Bom
  • oleg_shilovitskyoleg_shilovitsky Member, Developers Posts: 131 PRO
    edited January 2018
    @claus_jeppesen817 @michael_mcclain support is coming soon. 

Remember, you also can rename any property in OpenBOM and use custom name in Drawing BOM table. You will be able to connect these customized drawing table items to Balloons. 

Best, Oleg Shilovitsky
    OpenBOM co-founder.