Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Inequality & modulus constraints?

brooks_talleybrooks_talley Member Posts: 27
Is there any way to create sketch constraints that reflect "greater than / less than" or "is a multiple of"?

Two scenarios:
  • I have two holes that need to be at least 1" apart. They can be farther apart, but they can't be closer. 
  • A spacer can be any multiple of 0.5", but making a 1.3172" spacer is prohibitive
Right now I'm just getting the sketch close and then eyeballing and adding a fixed dimension. Seems like it would be cleaner and more future proof to have OnShape solve for those.

Best Answers

Answers

• brooks_talleybrooks_talley Member Posts: 27
    edited January 2018
    Very nice! Both of those are super useful. Is there a way to define a variable from a driven dimension? In the second example, if I could just define #x as the measured distance between two lines, I'd be in business.
  • brooks_talleybrooks_talley Member Posts: 27
    Fantastic -- those pieces assemble to exactly what I need. Thanks!
  • mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No problem.