Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Mirror Boolean result

quentin_moutyquentin_mouty Member, Developers Posts: 13
Hello all,
I want to use the result of a Boolean in mirror to not redo all the steps. I want also use it with a rotation pattern.
But the thing is I can not use mirror feature, any idea how to get it ?
I want to place the down left boolean in where there is the orange cercle :

Thank.
Tagged:

Comments

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,305
    If the hole was created using a boolean, then you need to select both the extrude feature that made the solid and the boolean that removed that solid from the main part.

A more efficient way to do this would be to use extrude/remove to make the hole, then face mirror or face pattern (they are in the pull-down menu at the top of the mirror or pattern dialog).
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • quentin_moutyquentin_mouty Member, Developers Posts: 13
    edited February 2018
    How can I extrude/remove with a transform ? Cause I used a derived+ transform+bool to make my feature.
    Here is the link : https://cad.onshape.com/documents/cb30ada01f12293395bad0af/w/fbfaa6084b1dcdfa19bb4d2d/e/564e805f909a913773baff1d
    I want to turn Hole Capt
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,305
    ah - in that case mirror or pattern your derived part and boolean/subtract them all at the same time. Or you could still use face mirror/pattern if you prefer.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • quentin_moutyquentin_mouty Member, Developers Posts: 13
    edited February 2018
    Thanks to your modification it is what I wanted to do.
    Question still : How the import works ? because you imported the part I want to use in boolean and it was place where I derived + transform it.
    So does the import find the part in the PartStudio ?

EDIT : Ok I get my answer myself. The derived function import the part in the partstudio.