Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

What is this symbol in my model?

Hello everyone, I was working on an assembly and an odd symbol appeared at some point that I do not understand. What does it denote? How can I get rid of it? Any help is appreciated!

Best Answer

Answers

• owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    That's two icons, the circular one is a mate connector, the other is an actual mate. K key to hide the former and I believe J key for the other. If I've got that wrong then there's a key list under the help menu.

Cheers Owen S.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • saurabh_tewarisaurabh_tewari Member Posts: 4
    That's two icons, the circular one is a mate connector, the other is an actual mate. K key to hide the former and I believe J key for the other. If I've got that wrong then there's a key list under the help menu.

Cheers Owen S.
    Thanks Owen. Hitting J and K caused a whole bunch of mates to show up (and then disappear upon hitting the same key again). But it did not affect this symbol(s) at all. Still a puzzle...
    Are you able to share a link to the document?

Cheers O.S.
    Let me know if this works:
    https://cad.onshape.com/documents/2055b7bbe0537d50a66f28d8/w/66b74cce71bce08908b48791/e/ea59601e431dc935ccdba08c

• Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    Hi @saurabh_tewari

I took a look at the link and I don't see the symbol you're talking about:

To me, in your original picture, it looks like a mate connector with a graphical bug (possibly something to do with transparency on the inner part of the mate connector itself).  Is this still happening for you?  What operating system and browser are you using? Does this page report any problems:
    https://cad.onshape.com/check ?
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
    Hi @saurabh_tewari

I took a look at the link and I don't see the symbol you're talking about:

To me, in your original picture, it looks like a mate connector with a graphical bug (possibly something to do with transparency on the inner part of the mate connector itself).  Is this still happening for you?  What operating system and browser are you using? Does this page report any problems:
    https://cad.onshape.com/check ?
    Hi, sorry about the delay. Yes, it is still there but since it is absent in your system, I am ok with it. The compatibility check looks good for my browser (Firefox on Windows 7).
  • Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    @saurabh_tewari

Does it show up if you open this document on Chrome?
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team