Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Unable to enclose these surfaces

Hi all

I'll have to admit that I'm at the beginning of understanding surfaces and I'm struggling in how to enclose what I created here:
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/69acee4fe669c0504dfd9991/w/c1f67ffa6cdd45254e0f9700/e/0e86bfbbe5d6a88b3b237ac2

The help states that I have to select all surfaces/solids that form a enclosed region to convert it into a solid. When I do this on my part it doesn't work and just states that the resulting form is not valid.

Please, advises in what I did wrong are highly appreciated

Cheers
Stefan  
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Options
    stefan_eichbergerstefan_eichberger Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2018 Answer ✓
    Good god , I'm very sorry. 
    You are right. This was my mistake I guessed when I use 'Fill' that the result will be surface.
    After doing some more tests I figured out why I thought that. All 'Fill's are surfaces until the last fill encloses the shape and then it will be automatically a solid.

Thanks for the help I'll go and sit in the corner for a while :)

Answers

• Options
    stefan_eichbergerstefan_eichberger Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2018 Answer ✓
    Good god , I'm very sorry. 
    You are right. This was my mistake I guessed when I use 'Fill' that the result will be surface.
    After doing some more tests I figured out why I thought that. All 'Fill's are surfaces until the last fill encloses the shape and then it will be automatically a solid.

Thanks for the help I'll go and sit in the corner for a while :)

• Options
    Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    All good! glad I could help.
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team