Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Can't understand why I can't enclose my surfaces properly

Hi There everyone,

I am trying to enclose a ramp-like shape but the Enclose tool does not like the input of the surfaces. Does anyone see why ?

Thank you in advance for any advice :smile:

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/d3b7d89f4f57b8637828f045/w/5d15d5116763c38198ce0a68/e/27e329c2f0ff9a1fd96d76b7

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    konstantin_shiriazdanovkonstantin_shiriazdanov Member Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you may want to you aplly Fill command first to create a closed volume and use Enclose to make solid from a closed volume by selecting bouding faces
  • Options
    steven_harris739steven_harris739 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks so much. The Fill tool worked but I sadly cannot get the Enclose tool to work. Ill keep trying 

Thanks

Steve 
  • Options
    Still can’t get enclose to work. Maybe I have built this shape wrong. When I look at the amount of surfaces bottom left in the surfaces tab it says I only have three. But the closed volume consists of 5. I think I have screwed up! Maybe I’ll start again ! 

Any my tips would be great. Thanks to konstantin for the fill tool advice. Do you think I’m using the enclose tool wrong ?

thanks 

Steve 
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    Thank you so much ! 

Im going to study this a lot ! Just by a quick look I have learnt a lot of useful construction tips.

thank you for your effort