Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Transforming a Sketch when drawing on Ipad

p_vp_v Member Posts: 3
Hi all,

I am trying to move a sketch while drawing on the Ipad app.

Does anyone know how to move the sketch? I am unable to find the transform tool on the Ipad version.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Tagged:

Answers

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,308
    Hi @p_v - the mobile apps don't always have all the tools you find in the web browser version. Unfortunately, this is one of them. Please raise an improvement request.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • p_vp_v Member Posts: 3
    Thank you Neil, that is a shame but good to get that cleared up. 

I will rais an improvement request.
  • christof_eugsterchristof_eugster Member Posts: 3
    NeilCooke said:
    Hi @p_v - the mobile apps don't always have all the tools you find in the web browser version. Unfortunately, this is one of them. Please raise an improvement request.
    Hi NeilCooke

Why doing a imprvment request for something that makes the programm close to usless
    if its not there? Transforming a sketch is as close as important like the amen in church. IMO.
    Can i kindly ask you why all those limitations for ipad if its a browser driven application?
    I would like to use onshape more, but without some elementary functions in ipad pro, which allready exist for the browser app, there is no reason to invest more time in it - and getting mad in search for something that only doesent exist on mobile app... 
    When can we expect this future? Until then i will give your competitors a chance to call
    me a paying customer.

Thanks
    Chris
    PS: Also the missing icons in the top bar - adjustable in the account preferences settings...
    i was searching half an hour and felt stupid, until i realized that it just doesent exist for my device.
    Im sorry but can you understand, that this is verry frustrating when you search for something, looking tutorials, read forums, to finaly find out that you searched for something that just dont exist because you use the wrong device...

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,308
    Hi @christof_eugster - thank you for your message.

Transforming a sketch is really only required after importing a DXF file. A drawn sketch should be constrained and dimensioned in order to move it to the correct location. Our mobile apps sometimes lag the browser version in capabilities and the improvement request mechanism is there to prioritize development. Please vote to get it sooner.

Onshape is the only professional CAD system to run on iPad, but until this improvement has been implemented, you should use the browser version on Mac, PC, Linux or Chromebook. If you are considering purchasing Onshape, we can arrange a call with one of our team to walk you through the most effective way to create sketches on iPad.

Regards,
    Neil.

Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
    NeilCooke said:
    Hi @christof_eugster - thank you for your message.

Transforming a sketch is really only required after importing a DXF file. A drawn sketch should be constrained and dimensioned in order to move it to the correct location. Our mobile apps sometimes lag the browser version in capabilities and the improvement request mechanism is there to prioritize development. Please vote to get it sooner.

Onshape is the only professional CAD system to run on iPad, but until this improvement has been implemented, you should use the browser version on Mac, PC, Linux or Chromebook. If you are considering purchasing Onshape, we can arrange a call with one of our team to walk you through the most effective way to create sketches on iPad.

Regards,
    Neil.

Hi Neil

Thanks for your post!
    I have to apologize! I now tryed it again and i could pick lines and sketches with drag/drop to transform move them.
    I have no idea why its working now. i tryed it many times and it didnt worked.
    Still a transform tool, where i can move sketches, lines on one axis would still be handy.
    Right now i can construct it with helplines which i delet after positioning.
    No idea why it didnt worked before my post... ?