Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Can I default my documents organization to "Name workspace" and not "Modified"

Tony_C_Tony_C_ Member Posts: 272 PRO
Is there a way so OS stops rearranging my start page folder structure? 

I know it likes to put what I've worked on last at the top but I'd rather just have it default to the folders being placed alphabetically.  

Is there an option for this? 

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Howyd.

The "folders" structure can be sorted by Name, Modified Date or  Modified by (person) by clicking on the headers.  They can be set to ascending or descending.

The "last opened" pane at the top can be hidden by clicking on the icle down arrow next to the title.

Owen S.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • Options
    Tony_C_Tony_C_ Member Posts: 272 PRO
    Howyd.

The "folders" structure can be sorted by Name, Modified Date or  Modified by (person) by clicking on the headers.  They can be set to ascending or descending.

The "last opened" pane at the top can be hidden by clicking on the icle down arrow next to the title.

Owen S.
    Owen, 

Yeah, I know I can click on the columns and make them sort alphabetically, I just didn't know if there was a way to make that the default.  Mine always sort by last modified. 
  • Options
    monroe_weber_shirkmonroe_weber_shirk Member Posts: 96 EDU
    I would much prefer if sorting by name could be set as the default. Last modified is more like a random list and makes it harder to quickly find a document.