Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Customized toolbar

Viji_BrahmaViji_Brahma Member, HON-TS Posts: 9 PRO
Do we have capability in OnShape to create a customized toolbar as in CATIA? I tried featurescript but could create customized commands not the toolbar. Appreciate your help in this.

Comments

• Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    RMB on the toolbar to customize.  I think you will find all the commands are already on the toolbar.

You can customise your "s" Shortcut menu in the preferences. 

Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • Options
    Thanks. But I am looking for a separate toolbar. Not adding/appending to the existing toolbar or setting through preferences. For example, I need a toolbar by title ABC which has only 3 commands A, B, C which are my custom commands. 
  • Options
    Please check image attached. This is what I am looking for. Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    @Viji_Brahma - We are absolutely working on improving many aspects of the UI. The ability to define your own toolbars and populate them with custom features is definitely something we are thinking about! :)
    Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977