Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Viewing FeatureScript of Measure Feature in Part Studio

vikram_babu080vikram_babu080 Member Posts: 4
Hello OnShape Community!

Is there a way to view FeatureScript of functions that are already available for us to use? Specifically, I wanted to the view the FeatureScript (if possible) that displays a measured line in dashes:

I am in the process of writing a custom function and would like see how the dashed line was created.

I'm  new to OnShape and I apologize if this question has already been posted/answered. Thanks for the help!

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,395
    Hi @vikram_babu080 FeatuteScript is only for building part features. The dotted line from the measure tool is generated as a server side graphics function and is not exposed to the end user. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI