Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How to I flip the orientation of a split

jon_loschkejon_loschke Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
I split an initial monolithic part in two using a surface and then renamed each part.  I then created hundreds of features to refine each part.  I had a manufacturing issue that forced me to change the original split surface (extrusion of a sketch).  But this new surface, I guess, has its normal flipped compared to the original and the split now flips the two part references.  It's not just that their names are reversed, but all feature definitions that follow (hundreds!) reference the wrong part which totally fails.  I believe, naively, that all I need to do is flip the surface to restore order to the universe.  Does it follow some winding order?  Any help appreciated.

Best Answer

Answers