Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Deleting points?

tj_thornileytj_thorniley Member Posts: 65
Can points be deleted (without nuking the entire sketch)? How? 

Particularly when removing, or trimming old lines (with the 'trim' tool), I'm often left with vestigial sketch points (from the 'point' tool) all over the place.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Erm, Click on it and pres the delete key, or right click on it and select "delete sketch entity"?

Make sure you've not got another feature pre-selected.  eg, if you have the line tool selected and then right click on the point you will have context sensitive "line option" not the delete option.

Owen S
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • Options
    owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Doh, sorry.  Owen S.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • Options
    daniel_s_wolfdaniel_s_wolf Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    I'm having a similar problem. I regularly have "orphaned" vertexes, usually along a line. Clicking such a vertex highlights it. Right-clicking and choosing "Delete sketch entity" does nothing -- it doesn't even show an error popup. Selecting such vertices through dragging doesn't work at all for me.
  • Options
    eric_schimelpfenigeric_schimelpfenig Member Posts: 75 EDU
    I'm seeing the same thing in a model... Anyone have an answer on this one?
  • Options
    josh_mccullough080josh_mccullough080 Member Posts: 21
    FWIW I can't delete points in some cases, and I don't know why. I think, like Daniel/Eric said above, they points are "orphaned" -- at least in some cases.

See:

• Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,359 PRO
    That is most likely an endpoint of a line rather that a point. That would be consistent with the behavior you’re showing. Try box selecting or using the key above your tab key (tilde ‘~’ on a US keyboard) to select from things which are on top of each other.